Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Homeschool Series: Projects & Handicrafts

Yesterday, I showed you how I fit certain projects in our day. The ones that we don't finish in our morning gatherings are usually worked on in the afternoons.

I wanted to include beautiful art and handicrafts into our days so I've made a simple list of 1 art project and 1 handicraft that I'd like to get to per month. In addition to this, the boys have an actual art class they take on Mondays.

Art:

I purchased Simply Charlotte Mason's beginners art video on pastels. It's called Creating a Masterpiece and I've heard great things about it.

I also search pinterest  for other ideas. Last month we tried this oil pastels cow and LOVED it!

IMG_5319

IMG_5318

Others on our list:

rooster or watercolor
sunflowers or these 
landscape
flowers
fall landscape
scarecrow
bubble wrap corn
textured landforms
basket of apples

Handicrafts and Projects

hand stamped leather bracelet
pressed flower magnets
sun catcher
veggie basket
paracord bracelets
sharpies on plates the ideas are endless!

These are all valuable projects. They can be used, gifted, or even sold. Tristin wants to participate in Kid's Business next summer so he could sell the bracelets or any of these if he wants to. I'll post when we do these projects projects and if I add more to the list!







3 comments:

Jenny said...

Hey Jeana, I am a follower of yours on IG! :) I nominated you for a Liebster Award. If you want to accept, you can read my blog post about the award.

http://moeandmanny.blogspot.com/2013/09/liebster-award.html

xoxo,
Jenny

Heather said...

Oh my goodness, those cows! Love them, Jeana!

Heather said...

Where are you, Friend?
xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails