Well, hello 2014. I just love new beginnings. I'm a list maker and love writing goals. I have only just started achieving these goals in the last 2-3 years. One thing I learned is I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me and nothing on my own strength.
1) One thing that I'm working through is reading the whole Bible. I absolutely love reading the Word but have never read it all the way through. I printed a bible plan for slackers (haha) that's not dated it just has what you need to read on Sundays, Mondays etc. it's ok if you skip a day because each day is in a different book, so the next week you can easily pick up where you left off.
2) I'd love to read at least 2 books a month. My booklist is so very long and I have about 4 going at once. I'd like to read at least 2 full books each month.
3) I really need to organize my computer. It's really out of control. I also want to take more pictures and blog more. I don't have my camera this week, but decided to blog anyways. See there?! (grin)
I'm coming up with ideas and a blog schedule as we speak!
4) Budget better and eat out less. This helps in many ways. If we eat out less, our budget will automatically get better. I really need to free up some of our money to work on this house. We are planning a few remodels this year that I can't wait to share!
I also want eating out and eating sweets to be a real treat for all of us. Remember when we were kids and going out to eat or getting homemade cookies only happened a few times a year? What a treat it was! I'd like it to be similar feeling for the boys.
5) get healthy again. We used to eat so healthy and workout 3 times a week. I didn't even think about it, I just did it. The past few years I've despised even thinking about it. In 2013 I lost over 10 lbs and at least gained a want to do it. My goal is just a little bit each day until it becomes a habit I love.
That's really it as far as new goals for me. I always have homeschool, parenting, and wife goals going on. I'm excited for this year and can't wait to share it with you all!
Do you make goals at the beginning of the year?
If so, what are they?
I'd love to pray and encourage you in yours!