Saturday, August 13, 2011

Family Movie Night Picks

Since we have Movie Night almost every single Friday night, I thought each weekend I'd share the movie and treat we had.

Sometimes the movie we watch is not so great, but most of the time we love it. I'll do my best to post them all, and what we truly thought of them.

We make pizza most every time using NieNie's whole wheat pizza dough. It turns out wonderful.

We also make the whole wheat waffles on Saturadays too ;)

The past few weekends we've watched some pretty great movies. I like older movies that are just plain good and family friendly, but I've found with some of the older ones, you'll find a few colorful words that kids would say back then.

When we come across stuff like this we simply tell our boys that those words aren't okay to say. If for some reason it's just too much we turn it off and pick something else (Dan and I have usually seen most of the movies when we were younger, but can't recall how the language was in the movie).


Movies we've enjoyed lately:

Where the Red Fern Grows. This was a fabulous family movie especially for our boys. Billy (the boy in the movie) shows great character and hard work. Just keep the tissues near by (if you've read the book you know why). I can't wait to read the book in a few years with the boys, it has a lot more emotion, but the movie was wonderful! There is an older version we may watch one day.

The Adventures of Ociee Nash. We knew nothing about this movie, but really enjoyed it. About a young girl named Ociee who is a complete tomboy. Living with her daddy and brothers since her mom died, her dad sends her to live with her Aunt to learn to be a lady. She gets into mischief and ends up winning the heart of her Aunt and her town.

The Indian in the Cupboard. I loved this book as a child and watched the movie a long time ago. We got it for the boys to watch and we all really enjoyed it. However, this would be one of those movies with a few colorful words and a scene with the boys falling asleep watching tv with women in bathing suits for a few seconds. Wish those few parts weren't there though we did really enjoy the movie.

Stuart Little 1 and 2. We LOVE both of these movies. It's been a while since we've watched both, I love just love the feel of them. What I really love about them is how it shows to love and accept others (your brothers) even if they are different. In our family that is SO important and I love how these movies teach that. I also adore the house they live in....I look at every detail of houses in every movie... In the second one, the kids do tell a lie by having their friend say Stuart is at his house when he really isn't.

Treats!

I usually make cookies or cupcakes. I am going to be trying a few other things like pies, cakes, and flavored popcorn in the future.

We have enjoyed Crinkle Cookies...yum!

IMG_9588

These Butterscotch Brownies were REALLY tasty and so easy to make. Mine were a little flat, but so good.

This weekend we made these wonderful cookies, I think they turned into my favorite cookies EVER.

Enjoy your family this weekend!


Philippians 4:11-13
I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails