Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Tiny Kitchen

I have been encouraging the boys to play outside as much as possible. I have to admit, I get a little discontent when I look around at our hot, dry, flat, treeless surroundings. Not what I call inspiration for exploring, but knowing it's what we have to work with....well, you just have to make it work!

I came across some outdoor kitchens and was so inspired to create one for the boys. Of course only wanting to use what we had on hand, I went digging around our shed and found a cart in the back corner. I CAN NOT believe it, 6 years here and this is the first time I've noticed it?!

I quickly hosed it down and added old kitchen pans we had. Add some mud, and a few little boys and you'll have the best quality mud soup, pies, and muffins you've ever laid your eyes on sunk your teeth in!

They LOVED it, and have been playing for hours the past few days in their kitchen. This has truly opened a whole new world of creativity and exporlation to them.

IMG_9837

Muffins ready to bake!

IMG_9843

Collecting more ingredients.

IMG_9846

IMG_9852

IMG_9849

A place to make messes.

IMG_9856

An invitation to dinner.

IMG_9858

IMG_9873

A nice and cozy spot full of wonder.

IMG_9840

More beautiful kitchen inspiration here and here.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails