Friday, April 13, 2012

Good Morning Sunshine

Yesterday morning I woke up at 3AM for good. I was still tired, but couldn't go back to sleep.
Last night, I was so very tired, but as I watched Jaiden before bed, I could tell he wasn't feeling well and was trying to keep from throwing up..well he finally did, I was up with him off and on all night. Bless his heart, he was so uncomfortable. He is seeming a bit better now.

I woke up and thought of how to make the most of my morning, even though I just wanted to sleep.
After making the other boys' breakfast, I made myself my favorite breakfast and read some wonderful blogs, and I thought I could share all of that here with you.

First of all, one of my favorite breakfasts. This is so easy and tasty, there is really no reason at all I shouldn't have it more often!

You need:

1 piece of whole wheat toast
1 T (or so) of pesto
1 egg over easy (or your favorite way)
a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese

IMG_1772

For the juice you need:

1/2 cup of orange juice
1/2 cup of cranberry juice

IMG_1774

There you have it.
Very easy and filling breakfast.
A good way to start a sleepy day.

Good Morning Reading:

Why Pray the Hours? Written by Joel J. Miller. Much to think and pray about. I would love to make this an everyday part of our lives.

4 comments:

Michelle Pankey said...

Yum!!! I like to make breakfast just for myself sometimes too! :-)

Heather said...

Mmmmm. That's one of my favourites too. I use Ezekiel bread though. Do you have that where you live? Can you believe there's actually Ezekiel and Genesis bread, with Scripture written on it, still in stores? It amazes me since I see barely ANYTHING with Christian symbols on it anymore. The schools here are even replacing Christmas with the Teddy Bears' Picnic! (just found that out).
Okay, none of that related to your post but I'm just thinking "out loud" :)

Have a great day!

Nicole said...

oh mercy saints. this looks absolutely delish. most especially as i haven't made myself much to eat today. do you wanna come over and cook?! :)

happy monday friend!
xo

Mrs. White said...

What a lovely breakfast idea! Thank you!

Blessings
Mrs. White
The Legacy of Home

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails