Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sprucing Up the House

We have a lot to of shelves in our house and I've been ignoring some of them. They were cluttered with stuff I didn't know what to do with so I just left it. Well, we've been here 5 months now and I was really sick of feeling like we just moved in while looking at those shelves. Oh, and quite sick of coming up with excuses like, I didn't have anything to organize or decorate them...come now?!

These shelves are above our fridge. You can see I had some candles and coffee filters etc up there. You know, just whatever.

IMG_2642

I wanted it to look pretty, with pops of fall colors, so this is what I came up with. And the coffee and filters are in the basket on the left.





Then, in the back room we have this little computer area that I barely have a picture of because it just wasn't nice, but you can see the chords etc on the shelf above. Pretty much what it all looked like.

IMG_2587

Chords in baskets, books and papers in the crate, and printables I had printed for free online a few months ago, but never used. I think it looks much better and feels better too! I also framed a painting of the sun that Brighton did a few weeks ago. Brightens up the spot a bit!



We Are That Family







2 comments:

Liz said...

I love the area above your fridge! It looks great! I'm in love with your paint color in your kitchen.

Christy said...

I have some serious shelf envy now! We have very little. Love all the pops of color you added. They really look awesome :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails