Thursday, June 13, 2013

Vacation Part 1

Last month we packed up the car and headed to Branson, MO! It was quite a drive, but we have tons of audio books, coloring, and snacks to keep the boys happy.

When I was little, my family went to MO. The thing I remember most was the drive there. My dad is a back roads off the map type of man, and it really was the most gorgeous drive ever. So that's the way we went.

We went through the sweetest town in Arkansas. Eureka Springs. If I didn't have such antsy boys, I would have loved to explore the whole town!

IMG_4525

IMG_4534

IMG_4530

We did get to stop in and see the Thorncrown Chapel. Made of glass! I had been in it when I was a little girl. It sure is a stunning place.

IMG_4546

IMG_4548

IMG_4549

IMG_4552

IMG_4555

On our way out of town, we stopped at one more place just to take in all the beauty.

IMG_4584

And this beauty was amazing to sit and watch!
The Pileated Woodpecker

IMG_4570

IMG_4582

We spent our days exploring and swimming! It was low key and very fun.
Jaiden sure had his moments though ;)

IMG_4603

IMG_4609

Brighton is terrified of heights and didn't want to join us climbing this wood tower. Its melted my heart to see Tristin encouraging him to do it. He helped him all the way to the top!

IMG_4630

IMG_4638

IMG_4635

And we found a little friend :)

IMG_4654

Be sure to check back for the 2nd part of this trip! It gets more beautiful than you can imagine!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a fun time! I used to work at a summer camp in Branson. Two of the best summers of my life!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails