Monday, August 30, 2010

Heaven Is Rejoicing With A New Angel Today

My sweet friend Kaci went home at 9:30 Saturday morning. I find my emotions remarkably interesting.

I think of the awe you're in when a woman has a baby. The meeting of someone you love so much, someone you talked to and felt. Someone you couldn't see, but knew existed. The pain and exhaustion you feel and the relief you have the moment you finally meet.

The overwhelming excitement you feel as you embark on a new level of life and love.

Yes, that's how I see Kaci's passing. In her eyes. The moments she has spent getting to know Jesus, the people she shared Him with out of excitement and love for Him, the pain she went through these past few months, the exact moment of relief she felt as He reached for her, and her excitement as she embarks on eternity spent with Him.

Congratulations my sweet friend.


161. the power of prayer
162. the beauty all around us
163. those who love and live for Jesus
164. life. LIFE!
165. the cross
167. constant squeals and laughter from 3 little boys
168. spending my days with them...even when it's hard
169. the cool in the air as we welcome the coziness of Fall
170. friends
171. the comfort of familiar hugs and smiles from my family in Christ
172. cookies, milk, and a good book with clean little ones at bedtime


holy experience


8 comments:

Gabe said...

I found you through New Nostalgia. . .

What you said about Kaci's death is beautiful and so very well said!

livinginbetween said...

I'm sorry for your loss. It's such a beautiful gift that God has given -- a birth into a new life, but that separation now hurts. Giving thanks with you for the comfort of familiar hugs.

Danielle said...

I know I don't know you ....but I am sorry to hear about your loss, and thankful that your friend is rejoicing with her Father for all eternity!!!

Autismland Penny said...

Sorry for your loss but what a great attitude to have! You have encouraged others as they struggle with death as well. (((hugs))))

J.L. BOSTICK said...

God Bless you and all of those who are feeling this loss. I love the way you look at this. My husband lost a very dear friend to cancer the other day and sometimes the only way to look at death is to remember that their is a new life much larger and greater than any life we could experience on this earth waiting beyond the skies.

Michelle said...

Beautiful Jeana. Love you!

Michelle said...

Beautiful Jeana! Love you!

RedBettySummer said...

You're a good friend. Death of loved one's is such a hard experience. I'm still saddened by the unexpected loss of a friend yet I know his passing is a good thing as he went to be with Jesus. I was so glad God took him to be with Him, while I miss him on earth. I know his wife feels the loss and the joy every day. That's where we reside when our loved one's pass- in God's eternal peace and joy. Thanks for your blog. God Bless You. beth at http://anothersummeroffun.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails