Monday, February 22, 2010

We're nice and cozy!

It snowed again. So, we're doing school right by the fire today.
Today the boys learned about graphs, Monet, and did a really fun project on animals that hibernate. My favorite was Monet though, there was a short little film (cartoon) on Netflix about a little girl who learned about Monet and his paintings, she traveled to France to visit his garden. I didn't know the boys would like it so much, but they did! We also looked on the globe where France is located. They are also learning scripture (even our not quite so verbal 8 yr old can recite parts of them)!  One more thing we're loving to do these days is visit this site that has pictures from all over the world taken in the past 24 hours. AMAZING! We look at them, talk about the people, search on the globe where they are, and pray for them. I love this part of our day so much! Check it out if you get a chance.  We are also starting our family reading book, Charlotte's Web tonight. I loved that book when I was little.

 I hope all of you are warm and cozy in your homes today. I have a lot of stuff in mind to write about soon, and I'm really trying to figure out how to show you our NEW kitchen since my camera is not working right. Hopefully soon!

1 comment:

Tonya @ The Traveling Praters said...

Thanks for commenting on the article I wrote about field trips at the Homeschool Classroom.

It sounds like your homeschool is off to a great start. Some of my favorite homeschool memories have been snuggled up near the fireplace reading with the kids. Sounds like you had a wonderful day...and Monet? My favorite! Blessings!:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails