Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

I have been so spoiled over the past few days...because today is my Birthday! Yay!
The boys picked out gifts for me. They piled them all in the car as we headed to meet my in laws at Chili's. J got me a balloon, Brighton got me a water squirter and a CARS puzzle, and Tibby, my sweet little guy got me candles and a green (my favorite color) lei. He looked at me with those big brown eyes as I cheerfully put it around my neck, and said, "mom, it's for your wedding". He was SO proud, and I melted. I don't think I will ever throw that thing away.

My husband spoiled me with a date (he wanted to teach me to shoot...I think I knocked his socks off with my skills ;)) Then we headed to 6th street to do some antique shopping and ate at a place called Cowboy Gelato...man was it gooood!

I am so very thankful for my life. . God graciously reminds me of how rich I truly am!

To my boys who made me a mother: You are more than enough. You are beautiful. You are my joy, my life, my gifts. You are precious. You are so loved.

To my sweet husband who is my partner. I could not be the mother I am today without you by my side. Your love amazes me. You bless. You gave me our gifts, I will forever be thankful.

To my momma: You are my most wonderful friend. Your strength inspires me. Your thoughtful and giving heart blesses. You encourage me to give the shirt off my back if needed. Your love for God encourages me. You are more than wonderful.

To my mother in law: You raised the most wonderful boy in to a man that a woman could ever ask for. You taught him hard work. You placed a desire in his heart for a family, and he loves us fiercely. Thank you for loving us.

To my grand mamas. One in heaven, and one still here with us: You are the definition of love. You inspire me to work hard and serve my family. Your example lives in me. Your time and patience grace us. Thank you.

To my beautiful godly friends: I am so encouraged by your friendship. I am blessed to be here by your sides, training and watching over our children. I love how you each passionately love Jesus. I love how he placed each of you in my life.

Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Bobbie said...

I love your thankfulness in your post, made me cry. And I do hope you keep that green lei forever! what a sweetie!

Christy said...

Hi Jeana, This is my third attempt in trying to contact you. You won science curriculum on my blog through Jolanthe's homeschooling giveaway week. Please send me your address to scrappycdavis@yahoo.com so I can mail it out. Thanks! Have a great week! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails