Monday, November 28, 2011

How to Choose Life

I've read that our thoughts are the very thing that choose how our life goes. If we think about bad things, lazy things,or have defeated thoughts, then that's what we reap.

If we fix our thoughts on whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy. (Philippians 4:8) Then our lives will reflect that.

We have a choice on what are thoughts are. We have a choice in choosing life:

This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live. Deuteronomy 30:19

It's so easy to move through life without a thought of the blessings in our lives. It's so easy to focus on something we don't have. But that is not chosing life. It favors death.

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10

So, I choose to begin my week in gratitude. To fix my thoughts on these blessings He has given me. I choose life. And I'm thankful for that choice.

436. A lovely weekend spent with family and thanksgiving
437. planning for our guys' 10th birthday
438. being in a warm house on a cold and windy day
439. having a choice in LIFE
440. finding a habit and thanksgiving and life choosing
441. the elderly couple out on their morning walk
442. a big glass of orange juice
443. boys that believe the power of God
444. a warm cardigan
445. learning how wives and mother's lived in the past

1 comment:

Liz said...

i love the whole idea of we are/do what we think about. I totally believe that! our thoughts are more powerful than we can even imagine.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails