Thursday, January 26, 2012

What I'm Reading

In the still of the night when everyone is tucked tightly in their own beds, I turn on my tiny kindle light and read until I can't hold my eyes open anymore.

I started reading Reshaping It All. A very delightful read, and truly encouraging to get in control of food you eat, thoughts you have, and decisions you make. To live by the Spirit and not let the flesh win. Whichever one you feed is the one that wins.

It's like speaking to a big sister who has heard all your excuses (and has been there herself) and basically telling you to grow up a bit and live your life the way God intended. All in a wonderfully loving and graceful manor.

I have learned a tremendous amount about myself. Which has helped me step up and take the necessary actions to let my body know it is no longer in control. That it is now Spirit led, and I make healthy decisions based on what God designed my body to need, not everything it wants. And when I want something like say a brownie fudge sundae? Get it, but split it with the boys, or my hubby. Remember...Spirit led to do what is best.

Today, for instance, I wanted a burger and fries. I'm not a big burger and fries girl, but my body sure wanted me to know that that's what it wanted today. I always like a a large coke with it as well ;). Well, we headed out, and before I went, I made myself chose whether I wanted the burger and fries, or the coke...a medium coke. I choose coke and a grilled chicken wrap..no fries. I ate until I was full (a little more than half)and was done. In the end, I survived...and feel much better than if I would've if i had given into my flesh and ordered a burger, fries, and a large coke.

What a journey this has been, and it is hard, but the more I stay focused, the better it will get.

Gal. 5:16
So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature.

1 comment:

Heather said...

What a great post!
I'm on this same journey, Jeana.
It's tough staying away from sugar (and I'm even trying to use less wheat) but it's so worth it when it comes to how I feel when I succeed.
Keep up the good work! When it's part of His plan, it's always the best!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails