Friday, February 17, 2012

On the Bookshelf and Favorite Links

For the past few days I have been reading Bonhoeffer, by Eric Metaxes. If you like to read, learn, and need a book to read, read it.

It has captured me in such a way, it's incredibly hard to get my words together to even explain my thoughts!

Since I just started, I will start by saying that his family life has been such an inspiration to me. You can tell how much his parents valued children. From the way they let them explore and collect animals, to pouring water over a tennis court to make a place to ice skate, you could feel how loved they were. When Dietrich was young, he would be gentle and protective to his sister, and I think that how he was raised played a big part in how he lived. His thoughts and letters throughout the book are so thought provoking, I have to take it in small doses and let them sink in. What a man of God!

Source: google.com via Jeana on Pinterest


I have SO many other book that I'm hoping to read soon, but have vowed not to start another until I'm done with Bonhoeffer *smile* I'll give you a sneak peek at what I'll be adding to my bookshelf.





Source: amazon.com via Jeana on Pinterest



**************************************************************************

Ok, changing gears a little bit here, but I'd like to share some of my favorite things.

One thing I'm working on is dressing nicer and more feminine. I LOVE dresses, but haven't bought any in so long. I guess staying at home so much has made me feel a bit frumpy, but I'm not going to use that as an excuse to be lazy anymore! I feel so much better when I take care of myself, and I know my hubby sure does appreciate it ;) I am currently revamping my wardrobe as we have some extra money, and I found this dress that I think is so pretty and feminine. I ordered it and can't wait to wear it! Do you wear dresses much? Where is your favorite places to buy them?


*************************************************************************

And, this. Just to make you chuckle. have a great weekend my friends.

Source: nickmom.com via Jeana on Pinterest

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails