Thursday, January 20, 2011

Peek Into The Boys' Room

All three of our boys share a room. We love it that way. We hear giggles for hours after they are put to bed. If I'm honest, it can get to me some nights, but most,  I just love that they are playful and happy.
Their room has very few toys and lots of books. It's much easier to keep clean, and I will share the way I organize the rest of their toys on a later date. (Remember my goal to organize the whole house....I've been working hard!)

I had one splurge and that was the shams from PB. They're full of color, and since I am creating a room for 3 very different boys, incorporating a lot of different colors was a must. There are bunk beds on the left of the picture.

IMG_6646

I obviously need a lamp shade, and knobs. I don't spend money I don't have, so that will wait until I have it. Kinda makes projects last forever, but that's okay, it's what's best for us.
I painted that side table yellow, and lined the shelf with a map. The map above the bed is soon going to have pictures of family and friends where they live across the country.

IMG_6658

I searched all over the internet for curtains. I found nothing in my price range. So, I just looked in my scraps of fabric and put these together. I don't know how to sew....yet, so I used the stitch witchery and ironed them. It took me about 1 1/2 hours. I really love them, they're simple and sweet, and free!

IMG_6647

The blue on top is a ticking stripe, and the yellow is gingham. I tied them with the leftover striped fabric.

I still need to finish the walls with a few items and projects, and will post pictures of that when I'm done. This is the other side of the room. Their red chair is a nice comfy place for reading books. Those frames on top are empty. I have some little baseball boys that my great grandma stitched before she died, that I'm going to put in them. They are precious!

IMG_6662

The green framed piece of metal was something Dan and I made last weekend. My dad gave me his leftover scraps, and Dan put those together while I painted the trip for the frame. It is now a fun place to make the magnetic marble run that they got for Christmas. It has a seam in it which really shows up in the picture, but we hardly notice when playing.


 IMG_6649

So, there it is for now. I can't wait to add the final touches and share. I've just had a wonderful in this room, and using mostly what I have. It really feels good to create. God has showed me so much, and learning to use what I have was one of the things. I used to put projects off because I didn't have the money to get started the way I wanted to. He showed me by looking at what I have, it all can come together, and He supplies the missing pieces!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails