Thursday, March 29, 2012

Intentional Days

We have been enjoying these new warm days so much lately.
They are BEAUTIFUL!
I have caught up on all our cleaning except the oven and refrigerator, which I'm doing today. I'm learning to lOVE cleaning.

I never thought I'd say that (always hoped though haha)
My husband (HI baby!) reads my blog, I'm sure is hoping it sticks.

I've been spending a lot more time in The Word.
Yesterday, Tristin told me, "mom, you've been reading that Bible for 6 hours today!"
Haha. Not quite that long, but seriously some days I can not put it down.
AND to top it all off, my grandma bought me a new Bible yesterday for my Birthday!
Did I ever tell you the story of my Bible?

I got it 6 years ago from my lovely husband, and last year he (hi again babe ;)) set it on the back of the car after church one night.

We drove home, put the boys to bed and I wanted to read it and couldn't find it anywhere.

I drove back and looked everywhere, and cried, and prayed I wouldn't be mad at him.

A week later I was in Oklahoma for a women's conference and I got a call from a girl from church that said a man found my Bible in the middle of a busy intersection in town.

It had been torn and run over. I still think its beautiful (tire marks and all) and use it everyday, but am so excited to have another one from my grandparents.

****************************************************************************

Other than all of that we have spent time doing school, playing games, and enjoying SPRING!

The other day we got out a game to play and this is what I found:

IMG_1344

IMG_1346

I guess if you're missing a green car a tiny hedgehog will do.
He was pretty good at that game.

IMG_1350

We also went outside to soak in all the lovliness that comes with Spring.
The little one joined me.

IMG_1401

He found some tulips that are about to bloom.

IMG_1396

And one that already did.
We also got to talk about pollen and bees, because he was interested in what that "stuff" is. *grin*

IMG_1393

We loved looking at the trees with their fresh new leaves and blooms.

IMG_1371

IMG_1376

IMG_1382

IMG_1383

IMG_1384

IMG_1370

My favorite thing of all was to see his collection of acorns he's been working on for a few months. He had many more, but his brothers and their friends moved some.
He wasn't happy about that.

IMG_1406

IMG_1405

And we spent a little bit of time with the dogs. They are hard to get a picture of, but I'll leave you with a picture of our big dog Sadie. She doesn't appear much in my blog..poor dog.

IMG_1362

We are off to the store and then we are growing crystal formations...because another boys asked about that while reading a book that mentioned it. Have I ever told you how much I love homeschooling? Best part? I get to spend all day with some of my favorite people on earth!

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Love the hedgehog! :)

Heather said...

Great photos! What a gorgeous dog that Sadie is. Love your new game piece, lol.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails