Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pumpkin Cake Pops...minus the pop

So last week we went to our cousin's birthday party at a local pumpkin patch. Man did we have a great time! Well, she made the yummiest treat that I attempted to make for the boys this week, you know because we're kickin' off our pumpkin themed week?!

I've never claimed to be a great baker/cake decorator and the IS a reason I haven't. This is it. I will share with you anyways though.

After making Tibby's birthday race car cake, I was SURE this would be ten times easier for me, but not true. I'm not saying this is a hard recipe, but it's just not my sort of thing...I really don't care for my hands to get messy, and I'm not good at dipping items in melted candy melts and have them turn out pretty. BUT, they are very tasty, and kids don't mind how pretty they are, so give it a try anyways. Who knows, you may not have any of the issues I do, so this may be a walk in the park for most.

1.First, you want to make a cake. Any cake, any pan will do. I made two of these. 
2.Use whatever icing you want. Start with a tablespoon or two and mix it around. (Do this when the cake is still warm) You want it to be moist, but not too moist. If you us a 9x13 pan, you may use up to 1/4-1/2 cup. 


 
3.Roll into 1 inch balls and place on wax paper. Put them in the freezer for 5 min.

4. Melt the candy melts according to instructions on pkg. (Usually using an double broiler or microwave 30 seconds at a time and stirring) 
5. Dip, pour, whatever you think is best...(because I don't know) the balls in the candy melts and add a green tick tack for the stem.
AND, you can put them on a lollipop stick to make them pops, if you want.
Put in fridge, then eat them...and you'll probably want another, so then if you're like me you might need to head to the gym. 




Happy Fall! 

 UndertheTableandDreaming 

UndertheTableandDreaming

 The Girl Creative

Sumo Sweet Stuff

4 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my goodness, that looks good. I started to panic a little when I saw that beautiful cake getting all mixed up :) But, it turned out cute. The kids must have loved them!
Thanks for inspiring me to do a pumpkin week! Always looking for something for the little ones since my older two often take up a lot of my time.
Have a good week, Jeana.
Love, Heather

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Jeana, How cute are these! I haven't tried the cake call yet but they look yummy and adorable as pumpkins! I'll be featuring this today - stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase - I greatly appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Jami said...

These are adorable!I also like that you are not adding too much frosting. I don't like them as much when they are too doughy tasting. I think I'll try this method. :)

Julie said...

On Wed nights, I teach kids in my church how to cook...part of our kids program...and we made these the other night! I couldn't find orange melts, so we used the peanut butter melts and dusted them with orange sugar. The kids loved them! Yours are adorable!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails